You must have seen images across the snippet while searching in google, from where does this image come? what does these site admin’s do to bring their image with search, when we don’t have any html for embedding images in search. The answer is use of google authroship with google plus.
When we have an image displayed with snippet click chances increases significantly, images are eye catchy and most importantly the help in building brand image.
Follow these steps if you have an email address with your domain
- Sign up for Google+ and create a Google+ profile.
- Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable headshot.
- Make sure a byline containing your name appears on each page of your content (for example, “By Steven Levy”).
- Make sure your byline name matches the name on your Google+ profile.
- Verify you have an email address (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) on the same domain as your content. (Don’t have an email address on the same domain? Use the alternative method present below to link your content to your Google+ profile)
- Return to this page and enter your email address.
Alternative method for people who dont have an email address on domain
Create a link to your Google+ profile from your webpage, like this:
Replace [profile_url] with the your Google+ profile URL, like this:
<a href="https://plus.google.com/109412257237874861202? rel=author">Google</a>
Your link must contain the ?rel=author parameter. If it’s missing, Google won’t be able to associate your content with your Google+ profile.
Add a reciprocal link back from your profile to the site(s) you just updated.
Edit the Contributor To section.
In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and then enter the website URL.
If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can see the link.
To see what author data Google can extract from your page, use the structured data testing tool.
Yes you are done with authorship, further if you have any kind of problems while working with google authorship, feel free to comment below, we are here to help you, your queries will be solved in less than 6 hours.