Very warm welcome to another article on wordpress for beginners series, hope you are enjoying our tutorials. This is sixth article in series and today we are going to discuss about wordpress users, how to add user or how to edit user, what are different roles and capabilities of users. Happy learning, hope you have a good day ahead.
How to add new user ?
To create a new User
Go to your Dashboard > User > Add new
Under the Text fields type the name of user > Email > Password
Select role for new user > Click add New User to add.
Roles of users ?
Role is a set of task given by admin to others. It allowed a user to perform the specific task which has given to him through permissions .For example the author role has the only permission which allowed him to write articles.
Roles in WordPress
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.